Friday, June 08, 2007

They're Riding on a Dragon!

Click the title to go to the story at the Leaky Cauldron where you can see the artwork, if you haven't already. I've been waiting for the Deluxe Edition Cover Art since early May, and it's finally here.

And I'm speechless. I don't know what to say about it, or write about it.

It's great! A really cool picture, makes a great desktop background!

And I never expected this. I sat looking at it and wondering -- "is it a Thestral? But it doesn't look like a Thestral. It's too big to be a Thestral, and it has horns. But They're riding it. Remember how fierce they were in GoF, remember how scared they were at the thought of confronting one. But they're riding it in this picture, how can that be?

Did Charlie tame one for Harry to use in the final battle? Is it Norbert and it remembers Harry from 6 years ago? Norbert wasn't very tame, though, remember -- Hagrid saying he was at a "difficult stage", and how it sounded like he ripped apart the stuffed animal Hagrid put in the crate to keep him company on the flight to Romania.

I just can't really come up with any scenario that gets the trio on the back of a dragon. I guess that's why I'm not the author of these books.

I can't wait to find out what this is all about.

No comments: